13 Habits of our Most Successful Members
But, first a brief announcement
Aloha Friday CareerNet Nation! Quick Announcement!
It’s Friday, the 10th of March 2023.
We have your back. We are seeking to make you better. By way of example, we will be launching our quick help video series in 30 days. A combination of long form and short form videos on our site, on YouTube and of course Tik Tok. Each created to give you instant career upgrades. Watch it during your commute. During Hulu commercial breaks. Scrolling your feeds while you procrastinate getting out of bed to start your day. Look out for that announcement.
Ok now for the blog
The 13 Habits
In our all-hands staff meeting Tuesday morning, an important concept came up. What are the things that we don’t teach that our successful candidates do every day? What are their habits?
So, we polled them. You may be sick of reading these kinds of lists. But they provide answers and insights that answer that question that we all ask ourselves:
“Why are they getting the jobs they want and why am I not?”
The answers may surprise you
Here is the list of personal habits and brief descriptions. Have a great weekend!
- Swallow your pride. You don’t know everything. You will make mistakes. It’s ok.
- Don’t listen to people who doubt you.
- Read. Read journals, business news. Wired. Forbes. Bloomberg. Mac World. PC World. Inc.
- Don’t Drink so much. Get enough sleep.
- Schedule Everything. Use the apps on your smartphone.
- Write things down. Throughout your day, like a career or workplace journal.
- Leverage what makes you unique.
- Hang out with people you want to be like.
- Always spend time learning things. How to better use a computer or an app is an easy start.
- Listen. Do not anticipate or prepare a quick response.
- Pay from your cash account. Not with credit.
- Recognize it’s a marathon. It’s not a short race.
- Exercise every day. A 30-minute walk to work, 10 minutes of yoga or spin bike counts too.
We’ll write about how they got that killer job when others didn’t next week.