A privately held CareerNet Approved Global Aviation Services & Supply Chain Management Company is seeking a Cyber Security Executive to lead global cyber infrastructure. The company specializes in delivering products safely and on time.
Oversees and ensures the security, protection of, and access to, the company’s computer systems and data. This position also creates a risk management plan for IT systems by assessing security practices and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures proper computer and network access for system users; assign passwords and user IDs to new users.
- Perform vulnerability and risk assessments.
- Perform security updates.
- Ensure firewalls are working correctly.
- Monitors system usage to confirm that employees have the proper level of information access.
- Investigates improper use and reports violations.
- Ensures that the physical location of the computer and related hardware is secured.
- Oversees backup of company information in case of disaster or data loss.
- Conducts information systems audits to ensure system information is secure from breaching and unauthorized access.
- Establishes strict program control processes to ensure mitigation of risks and supports obtaining certification and accreditation of systems
- Conducts offsite audits to assess the efficiency and efficacy of data recovery programs. Plans and conducts user training to provide overviews of systems security and improve mainframe efficiency.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports
- Document the results of Certification and Accreditation activities and technical or coordination activity and prepare the system Security Plans and update the Plan of Actions and Milestones PA&M
- Periodically conduct a complete review of each system’s audits and monitor corrective actions until all actions are closed
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or mathematics is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in IT or cybersecurity.
- CISSO, CISSP, or CISM
- Experience with network administration
- Experience with Linux and Windows
- Extensive knowledge of data communications security procedures.
- Ability to install security software to monitor system usage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, technical, and problem-solving skills.
- DoD 8570 IAM level II, or level III, security certification (examples: CAP, CASP CE, CISM, GSLC, CISSP Associate, or CISSP)
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cyber Security, CISO, Compliance, Assessments & Incident Response, DoD, Security Clearance, IT, South FL, Aviation, Supply Chain